Member Benefits and Opportunities
Get Involved through volunteer opportunities featured in our CSA News member benefits series.
Make the most of your membership through these specific benefits and opportunities:
Every SSSA member receives:
- Monthly CSA News magazine
- Discounts on subscriptions to the Digital Library and our highly regarded and well-cited journals
- Discounts on our books and publications
- Access to the online Membership Directory and networking opportunities
- Biweekly electronic newsletters—Science Policy and News Flash
- Option to publish research in our journals with reduced page charges.
- Opportunity to present poster and oral papers at the SSSA International Annual Meetings
- Free online posting of resumes and access to Career Placement Services
- Membership in Divisions of Interest
- Discounts on International Annual Meetings and regional meetings registrations
You may also take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Scientific Expertise Directory - List your areas of expertise and be included in this new directory.
- Professional certification programs, the benchmark of excellence
- Awards, scholarships, and fellowships, including graduate and undergraduate opportunities
- Honing leadership skills and gaining visibility by volunteering for Society committees and editorial boards
- Science Policy activities
- Undergraduate programs with Students of Agronomy, Soils, and Environmental Sciences (SASES)
In addition, your membership supports the following:
- Smithsonian Soils Exhibit, previously open through January 2010 at the Natural History Museum, Washington, DC, and now scheduled to travel in the US
- Soils Sustain Life: Education Resources for Teachers
- Soils Sustain Life: Education Resources for Kids
- Agronomic Science Foundation programs
New to the Soil Science Society of America?
Welcome! It is a pleasure to add you to our membership roster, where you are joining more than 6,000 SSSA members. There are many opportunities to make the most of your membership. Visit the links below to learn more and get started:
Have Questions? Visit our New Member Q&A page.
The ACSESS Digital Library houses the full text of all journals, books, meeting presentations, magazines, and related content. This material is searchable via leading-edge software that provides the user with guided navigation; journal-, article-, and author-level metrics; and links to external sources. There are unique individual profile pages for each author to customize, and users have the opportunity to save their searches to a "virtual binder" and email those binders to students and/or colleagues.
Members, explore the ACSESS Digital Library with a 30-day Free trial.
Add a Digital Library Subscription to Your Membership.
Add a journal subscription to your membership.