America/New Zealand Soil Science Travel Award
The America/New Zealand Soil Science Travel Award encourages scientists in the U.S. and New Zealand to foster enhanced cooperative soil science research. Funds for the travel award are provided through the Agronomic Science Foundation and the selection process is administered by the Soil Science Society of America and New Zealand Soil Science Society. The award consists of a certificate, a complimentary ticket to the award ceremony, and a travel grant is in the amount of $4,000.
Nominations Opened: Feb 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 29, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 5, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
The 2017 Awards Program will accept proposals to support a United States based soil scientist to travel to New Zealand.
- This award allows self-nominations.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Nominees are required to have at least seven years of membership in SSSA or the New Zealand Soil Science Society.
- Applications will be evaluated upon merit; longer research visits will carry additional weight.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Proposal of Research
A concise proposal of research to be conducted as part of the exchange. (Character Limit, including spaces: 6000)
A curriculum vitae, citing up to 10 of the nominee's most significant publications.
Statement from Host Institution
A statement from the intended host institution indicating willingness to host the scientist and the extent of its cooperation in the proposed research.