International Soil Science Award
This award is presented to recognize outstanding contributions to soil science on the international scene. Contributions on which nominations for the awards are based will have been made within the past 10 years. The award consists of a certificate, a complimentary ticket to the award ceremony, and $1,000.
- Evidence of contribution to the growth and development of international soil science
- Creativity and relevance in the establishment of scientific research or in the application of sound principles of international significance
- Evidence of influence in bringing about long-lasting change in practices related to soil science in more than one country
Nominations Opened: Feb 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 29, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 5, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
- Nominators are required to be SSSA members.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Nominees are to be soil scientists but membership in the Society is not a requirement.
- Teams are eligible if the following qualifications are met: 1. At least one member of the team is a soil scientist. 2. Where other disciplines are represented, the soil scientist will be a major contributor (50% or more) to the team effort. 3. Only publications where all team members are authors or honors and awards received by the team will be listed. Individual efforts should be omitted.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Current Position Title
Enter additional team members for team nominations only. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1000)
Current Position Title
Professional Positions Held
(Character Limit, including spaces: 2000)
Contributions - Teaching
List teaching contributions. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Service and Extension-type Contributions
List service and extension-type contributions (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
List membership in professional, honorary, and academic societies. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Honors and Awards
List honors and awards received (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Contributions and Service to the Profession
Describe the nominee's professional contributions (other than publications) and service to the profession on which the nomination is based and specific to the International Soil Science Award. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Service to the Society
List service to the Society. Include national, regional, and state activities, i.e., appointed positions, elected position, other service. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Professional Contributions Listing
Identify and briefly list the nominee's technical and nontechnical publications, patents, and efforts to develop or improve programs, practices, and products. List up to 12 of the most significant professional contributions of the nominee. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
In this section, summarize the primary achievements and evaluate the nominee's comprehensive skills, competencies, and qualifications for this award. Give the nominees impact in one or more of the evaluation criteria in the award description. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3500)