Clark Soil Biology Graduate Student Scholarship
The Clark Soil Biology Graduate Student Scholarship (formerly the Francis and Evelyn Clark Soil Biology Scholarship) was established to recognize the importance of soil biology and the understanding of soil, plant, and microbial interactions, and of nutrient cycling in terrestrial ecosystems. The scholarship is supported by a gift from Dr. and Mrs. Francis Clark to the Agronomic Science Foundation and administered by SSSA.
If you have any questions about submission, please contact Emily Fuger email@example.com 608-268-4949.
Nominations Opened: Feb 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Apr 5, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
2 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 12, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
In 2016, one $3,000 scholarship will be awarded.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- The nominee will be a graduate student member (ASA, CSSA, SSSA), working in the field of soil biology or biochemistry or microbial ecology.
- The nominee will have demonstrated scholarship and leadership during his/her graduate studies.
- Identification of special financial need will be taken into consideration.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Letter of Interest
Provide a letter of interest that includes identifying the focus of study and research activity of the nominee. Also include financial need, if applicable.
Provide a resume that includes major, year in school, cumulative grade point average, and leadership activities.