Frank D. Keim Graduate Fellowship
The purpose of this award is to enhance the National Student Recognition Program and to honor the unparalleled academic advising of the late Frank D. Keim, whose students and work have reached around the world. The Fellowship is administered by the American Society of Agronomy and supported by the Frank D. Keim Fund of the Agronomic Science Foundation.
- Academic excellence (50%)
- Leadership activities (35%)
- Future plans related to the agronomy profession (15%)
If you have any questions about submission, please contact Emily Fuger firstname.lastname@example.org 608-268-4949.
Nominations Opened: Feb 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Apr 5, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
2 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 12, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
In 2017, two $3,000 Fellowships are available.
- Nominees will be student members (ASA, CSSA, or SSSA) who have been selected by their department for this year's National Student Recognition Program to be eligible to apply.
- Nominees will have been accepted for a graduate study program in agronomy or related field and intend to complete a graduate degree(s).
- This award allows self-nominations.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Graduate School Information
Provide the name of your Graduate School and Department, and the name of your graduate advisor.
What has been your most beneficial academic experience pursuing your undergraduate degree? (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Please give a concise list of your leadership activities since entering college. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
What has been your role with a student club affiliated with Students of Agronomy, Soils and Environmental Sciences (SASES). (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Briefly describe your future plans, telling how you can benefit agronomic science. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Provide a resume that includes major, year in school, and cumulative grade point average.