Lloyd R. Frederick Soil Teaching Travel Study Award
The Lloyd R. Frederick Soil Teaching Travel Award is designed to assist soil science instructors, so they may have a travel travel or sabbatical experience. The program will help support the profession of soil science, encourage teaching experiences, and benefit countless students of the instructors participating in the program. Funds for the award are made available through the Agronomic Science Foundation and administered by the Soil Science Society of America. The travel grant is in the amount of $3,000.
- Applications will be evaluated upon merit; longer teaching visits will carry additional weight
- Evidence to obtain new knowledge of teaching experience when returning back to the recipient's home
- Proposals for exchanges are evaluated by a committee of Soil Science Society of America members
Nominations Opened: Feb 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 29, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 5, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
- This award allows self-nominations.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Faculty with substantial teaching appointment from the U.S. and abroad will be eligible.
- Nominations will be accepted to support teaching activity in the United States or abroad.
- Preference will be given to visits or sabbaticals focused on teaching of three to six months.
- Nominees are required to be SSSA members.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Proposal of Teaching Activities
A concise proposal of teaching activities to be conducted as part of the program. (Character Limit, including spaces: 6000)
(Character Limit, including spaces: 6000)
Statement from Host Institution
A statement from the intended host institution indicating willingness for such an exchange and extent of its cooperation in the proposed teaching. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)