make the most of membership!
Get Involved through volunteer opportunities featured in our CSA News member benefits series.
Make the most of your membership through these specific benefits and opportunities:
Every SSSA member receives:
- Monthly CSA News magazine
- Discounts on subscriptions to the Digital Library and our highly regarded and well-cited journals
- Discounts on our books and publications
- Access to the online Membership Directory and networking opportunities
- Biweekly electronic newsletters—Science Policy and News Flash
- Option to publish research in our journals with reduced page charges.
- Opportunity to present poster and oral papers at the SSSA International Annual Meetings
- Free online posting of resumes and access to Career Placement Services
- Membership in Divisions of Interest
- Discounts on International Annual Meetings and regional meetings registrations
Members may also take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Scientific Expertise Directory - List your areas of expertise and be included in this new directory.
- Professional certification programs, the benchmark of excellence
- Awards, scholarships, and fellowships, including graduate and undergraduate opportunities
- Honing leadership skills and gaining visibility by volunteering for Society committees and editorial boards
- Science Policy activities
- Undergraduate programs with Students of Agronomy, Soils, and Environmental Sciences (SASES)
In addition,membership supports the following:
- Smithsonian Soils Exhibit, previously open through January 2010 at the Natural History Museum, Washington, DC, and now scheduled to travel in the US
- Soils Sustain Life: Education Resources for Teachers
- Soils Sustain Life: Education Resources for Kids
- Agronomic Science Foundation programs