Soil and Water Management and Conservation - Officers, Duties
The five elected officers of the Division are as follows:
The actual term of office for the Chair-Elect, Chair, and Past-Chair is for one year; however, it is a progressive term of responsibility lasting for a total of three years since officers automatically progress from Chair-Elect to Chair to Past-Chair in succeeding years after election. TheBoard Rep and theLiaison to the SWCS serve concurrent three-year terms. The respective terms begins and ends at the termination of the annual meeting. For example, the current chair takes office at the end of the annual meeting and serves through the following annual meeting, at which time their position as Chair terminates and they start their new term as Past-Chair.
- Schedule time, arrange agenda, and conduct divisional business meeting at the SSSA annual meeting.
- In preparation for the annual divisional meeting; request and collect oral, poster or symposium papers; accept or reject each paper offered for technical sessions or arrange to have the paper presented in another division; arrange papers in a coordinated program and collect abstracts of papers to be presented; arrange symposia and field trips when appropriate.
- Transmit abstracts and prepared program for the S6 annual divisional meeting to the SSSA President-Elect on or before the designated date.
- Serve as a member of the S711 Program Planning Committee.
- Participate (nonvoting) in the SSSA Board of Directors Meeting.
- Chair the Division Business Meeting.
- Coordinate with Past-Chair the nominations and elections of candidates for Chair-Elect (annually) and Representative to the SSSA Board of Directors (every three years). Also, coordinate with Past-Chair the nomination and election of Division Liaison to SWCS. Nominations are due at Headquarters by early February each year.
- Submit an annual summary report of division activities to the SSSA Board, as requested.
- Respond to requests by SSSA Officers during the year relating to soil and water conservation.
- Serve on the SSSA Nomination Committee (S101) to elect SSSA President.
- Coordinate with Chair of Howard Taylor Lectureship any activities related to sponsorship of this award.
- Assist division Chair in appropriate ways, including organization of the division's technical program and business meeting at the Annual SSSA Meeting.
- Succeed as division Chair in the event the current Chair is unable to serve.
- Request possible symposia topics from members and/or plan selected symposia for one year hence.
- Attend the SSSA Board of Directors Meeting (Recommended).
- Participate in the S711 Program Planning Committee Meeting to plan SSSA annual meeting for the year the Chair-Elect is to serve.
- Take minutes of the Division Business Meeting and forward to the Chair.
- Serve as Chair of the division's Nomination Committee for selection of candidates for Chair-Elect, Representative to the SSSA Board of Directors, and the Liaison to SWCS. Respond to requests by SSSA Officers during the year relating to soil and water conservation.
- Participate as a voting member in the SSSA Board of Directors Meeting.
- Serves as Chair for Young Scholar Award with the two previous Past Chairs. Award nomination packages are due to Chair at same time as Tri-Society Awards deadlines.
- Provide leadership in the nomination and selection of the Division Liaison to SWCS (Three year term concurrent with Division Board Rep.).
- Facilitates joint program activities with SWCS in coordination with the Chair and the Liaison to SWCS.
- Serve as Rapid Response contact person for the Division.
- Represent division at the SSSA and ASA Boards of Directors meeting.
- Present a report, both oral and written, of SSSA and ASA Board activities and actions at the annual business meeting of the division.
- Report at Division Business Meeting on Board action (Monday) and items of interest.
- Obtain consensus of members at the Division Business Meeting on topics that will be discussed at the Board Meeting at the end of the week (Thursday).
- Take forward to the Board topics of concern identified by the membership in the Division Business Meeting.
- Update the web page as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Chair and Past-Chair all joint activities between the Division and S&WCS, including joint symposia at SSSA Annual Meetings and SWCS Annual Meetings.
|Chair||Board Rep||Div. Tech. Editor||SWCS Liaision|
|2012||Jeff Strock||Harold van Es||Brian Wienhold||Jorge Delgado|
|2011||Mark Liebig||Harold van Es||Brian Wienhold||Jorge Delgado|
|2010||Harry Schomberg||Harold van Es||Seth Dabney||Jorge Delgado|
|2009||Neil Hansen||Harold van Es||Seth Dabney||Jorge Delgado|
|2008||Brian Wienhold||Diane Stott||Seth Dabney||Jorge Delgado|
|2007||Ted Zobeck||Diane Stott||Seth Dabney||Jorge Delgado|
|2006||Tom Kaspar||Diane Stott||Seth Dabney||Warren Busscher|
|2005||Diane Stott||Doug Karlen||James Bauder||Warren Busscher|
|2004||Jorge Delgado||Doug Karlen||James Bauder||Warren Busscher|
|2003||Gary (Pete) Peterson||Doug Karlen||James Bauder||Warren Busscher|
|2002||Bob Sojka||Tommy Daniel||James Bauder||Warren Busscher|
|2001||Wayne Reeves||Tommy Daniel||James Bauder||Warren Busscher|
|2000||Harold van Es||Tommy Daniel||James Bauder||Jerry Lemunyon|
|1999||Jessica Davis||Bob Sojka|
Past Committee Chairs
|2012||Jerry Lemunyon||Clark Gantzer||Maysoon Mikha||Mark Liebig|
|2011||Jerry Lemunyon||Clark Gantzer||Jane Johnson||Harry Schomberg|
|2010||Steven Green||Clark Gantzer||Jeff Strock||Neil Hansen|
|2009||Steven Green||Clark Gantzer||Jeff Strock||Brian Wienhold|
|2008||Steven Green||Clark Gantzer||Jeff Strock||Ted Zobeck|
|2007||Neil Hansen||Clark Gantzer||Diane Stott / Jeff Strock||Tom Kaspar|
|2006||Neil Hansen||Ken Potter||Diane Stott|
|2005||Neil Hansen||Ken Potter||Jorge Delgado|
|2004||Brenton Sharrat||Ken Potter||Jorge Delgado||Gary Peterson|
|2003||Brenton Sharrat||Tom Kaspar|
|2002||Brenton Sharrat||Tom Kaspar|
|2001||Brenton Sharrat||Tom Kaspar|
|2000||Brenton Sharrat||Mike Cox|