Northeastern Branch 2005 Meeting Information
2005 Northeastern Branch Annual Meeting
10-13 July, 2005
The 2005 Annual Meeting of the ASA and SSSA Northeastern Branch was held in Storrs, Connecticut from July 10-13. Of note, the planning committee organized an interesting symposium on the "Effect of Climate Change on Northeast Agriculture." Symposium topics included:
- Evidence of Climate Change in the Northeastern United States,
- Climate Change Impacts on NE Agriculture and Farmer Adaptation,
- Weed Ecology and Weed Control in a High CO2 World,
- Agricultural Carbon Sequestration: Practical and Policy Issues, and
- Climate Change and Agriculture: Challenges and Opportunities for Extension.
Additional activities included a Graduate Student Paper Session, targeted sessions in both crops and soils, poster sessions, tours and awards. The meeting presentations are being provided to all interested members as a way to disseminate our sciences.
2005 Meeting Presentations
Northeastern Branch President