Developing Countries Membership Rate
The Developing Countries special membership rate is available to those scientists in countries, defined as low and lower middle income by the World Bank. This enables these scientists, for whom the cost of membership is outside of their means, to access scientific research and colleagues around the world. If a member's financial means are such that membership at the active member rate is affordable, please select the active member rate, to ensure that funds are available for members who would not otherwise be able to afford it. Membership in this special program is not automatically granted each year, it must be requested on an annual basis.
Please note that to receive the Developing Countries Membership rate, you must have residency in, must be currently living in, and be a citizen of the qualifying country. All three requirements must be met in order to receive the discounted rate.
If you meet the qualifications for the Developing Countries membership program, please use the form below to apply. For a list of World Bank countries in low-income and lower middle-income economies see: http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups
- Open to scientists/students in the lowest two economic tiers of countries, as defined by the World Bank.
- To receive the Developing Countries Membership rate, you must have residency in, must be currently living in, and be a citizen of the qualifying country.
- Payment accepted via credit card or as a check in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Includes membership in one Society membership combination of your choice and electronic-only access to one journal of choice.
- Membership (both new and renewing) at this rate are subject to approval.
The following membership options and pricing are available - please select the option that best fits your needs:
- Soil Science Society of America only (SSSA) $44
- SSSA-ASA membership combination $60
- SSSA-CSSA membership combination $60
- SSSA-ASA-CSSA membership combination $80
With your membership, you also receive one electronic-only subscription to one of the following journals:
- Soil Science Society of America Journal
- Journal of Environmental Quality
- Vadose Zone Journal
Note: If you would like to subscribe to the Digital Library, you must join/renew at the regular international rate.
To apply or renew:
You may apply or renew your Developing Countries special membership via our online form.
To access this form, please login using the email and password you currently have on file with us.
If you do not know what you have on file with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have never created a contact with us, you will need to create a record.
Log In to your account
Already a member, certified, or existing customer?*
Please contact us with any questions:
Mail: SSSA, 5585 Guilford Road, Madison, WI 53711-5801