ASA, CSSA, and SSSA have a rich community of graduate students who are making great research contributions to ACS disciplines and the future of our field. Students qualify for discounted membership rates and discounted Annual Meeting registration.
In addition to online resources, the Grad Student Committee plans sessions just for grad students at the Annual Meeting each year. We constantly strive to enhance the graduate school experience by providing professional development and leadership skills, career tips from experts, and quick reads to improve grad school life. Check out this article by Martin Battaglia, Audrey Gambles, and Ekrem Ozlu on the grad student experience at the 2016 Annual Meeting and explore additional resources below!
Graduate and Postdoctoral Students Present Papers at World Congress of Soil Science
Generous funding from National Science Foundation and Sponsorship by Soil Science Society of America and the U. S. Committee for Soil Science helps students get to Jeju, South Korea
The Graduate Student Committee serves the grad student members of ASA, CSSA, and SSSA through Annual Meeting sessions and more. View the Current Members of the Grad Student Committee.
RESOURCES FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
Awards, Contests, Scholarships and Fellowships
Check out the Graduate Student Community Facebook page!
Learn More About Membership
Graduate student members join over 6,000 professionals in the soil and environmental science fields, and have access to resources and services to help build your career:
- Student rates on membership dues, the Digital Library, journals, books, and Annual Meeting registration
- CSA News, the monthly member news magazine
- Listing in the Member Directory which is searched by potential employers
- Free CV/resume posting and job search on the Career Placement web site
- Notification of scholarship, award and contest opportunities
- Membership in Divisions of Interest to develop peer networks and information resources
- Cultivate leadership skills through service on Committees
- Share your research by publishing in our Journals and presenting at meetings
Graduate Student Webinar
The Career Placement Center sponsored a webinar for grad students on “Setting Yourself Up for Success in the PostDoc”. View the Q&A from the webinar here.
In addition, here are some additional Links of Interest
National Academies of Science Report - The Postdoctoral Experience Revisited reexamines postdoctoral programs in the United States.