SASES Spring Meeting Proposal
SASES Clubs can submit proposals to host the 2018 Spring Meeting on their campus. Upload your proposal online and the officer team will contact you to set up a time for question and answer on your bid.
Below is a list of guidelines and items that need to be included in your proposal.
- Tours: a general outline of the tours, including multiple stops. Keep in mind that in the end you will need at least 4 tour options with approximately 4 stops each. The idea of these tours is to highlight agriculture, soil or environmental science in your area, the more unique the better.
- Venue(s): where dinners, keynote speaker address, and other meetings will take place. Venues need to accommodate 200 attendees minimum. Access to a conference room for small meetings (including the President’s meeting and national officer meeting) is appreciated.
- Lodging: where you will be lodging students from other universities. Consider proximity to event center &/or university, price, and availability to reserve blocks of rooms. A facility with 75 to 100 rooms available for reservation is a good guideline.
- Budget: Submit a budget outline. Host universities do not receive any funding from SASES for the regional event (but don’t let this scare you away, it is possible to get enough funding donated from sponsors). Have a general idea of how much the event will cost (price things such as busses, catering, etc.) as well as who you intend to seek financial support and sponsorship from. Also consider registration fees (these can offset some of your expenses).
- Membership & Timeline: please include a brief description of your club membership numbers. Also, include a basic timeline of objectives, such as when you the speaker and tours should be booked.
- Keynote Speaker – if you have an idea who you would like to be the keynote speaker Friday evening, please include this information.
- Social Activities – consider what sort of social functions/venues in your area can host a large number of students. Social events should encourage mixing and mingling between universities.
Attendance is usually 200 – 300 students. Please be sure all your venues and other planning take this into consideration.
Nominations Opened: Mar 29, 2017 - 5:00 PM CDT
Nominations initiated by: Jul 1, 2017 - 11:59 PM CDT
Final Nomination submission by: Jul 1, 2017 - 11:59 PM CDT
Any member of the club can submit the proposal. Make sure that all pertinent contact information is listed on your proposal.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Emily Fuger, Societies Staff firstname.lastname@example.org. To view past winning proposals visit www.agronomy.org/undergrads/club-information, www.crops.org/undergrads/club-information, or www.soils.org/undergrads/club-information.
Enter the name of your university.
Enter your club name.
Please upload your entire proposal.
Your file must be in .pdf format.
Will your club be attend the Regional Meeting in Madison, WI March 12 - 14?
We will be in contact with you to set up a time to present your bid.